Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Allegations of abuse of a nursing home patient

A Rankin County woman is accusing a nursing home of abusing her elderly mother.
It is an allegation officials at the Brandon facility deny.
Betty Lovern Chambers has posted pictures on her Facebook page that show injuries her Tommi Lovern, 74, suffered last week.
"I feel strongly in my heart that it is abuse and neglect," Chambers said.
She said a nurse at the Brandon Nursing Home &Rehabilitation Center called her at 1:30 a.m. on January 25th telling her that her mother was admitted to the hospital after she fell from her wheelchair.
"I went over to the nursing home to confront the nurse on duty which was Crystal Wheaton...Her exact words to me were 'I had had enough," Chambers said. "So I gave her an Ativan to calm her down, and I didn't want her to wake the other residents."

Allegations of abuse of a nursing home patient - Flash Player Installation

No comments: