Saturday, December 08, 2012

Maryland nursing home accused of neglect

A Maryland nursing home is accused of deadly neglect. St. Thomas More in Hyattsville has an extensive history of health and safety violations. Tonight state health officials are blaming poor medical care for a patient's death. One state health official told Fox5 patients at St. Thomas More are at higher risk than at other nursing homes because of the ongoing deficiencies.

A former patient at St. Thomas More claims he almost died. James Franklin remains weak and bed ridden, six months after his stay at the 230-bed facility for what should have been the road to recovery. "I mean I didn't have no idea that I would still be here in the hospital. And for me to be in the hospital has been a tragic chance for me," Franklin told FOX5 from his hospital bed.FOX 5 Investigates: Maryland nursing home accused of neglect - DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG:

No comments: