Friday, October 25, 2013

Care home worker: 'I couldn't live with knowledge of abuse'

Speaking outside the inquest, Lisa Martin, who first informed police of the problems at the Nursing home, said she felt she had no choice but to come forward:
I came forward because I had witnessed too much poor management and care to vulnerable adults and I couldn't live with the knowledge any longer and felt I had no choice but to tell the police.
Morally I know I did the right thing but personally I have not worked for two years and the case has had a huge impact on my life.
However, I wouldn't want to dissuade people from doing the right thing if they see vulnerable elderly people being abused and neglected.
Speaking of her former colleagues, she added: "They shouldn't be allowed to work in the industry." Care home worker: 'I couldn't live with knowledge of abuse' - ITV News

No comments: