Thursday, June 01, 2017

Chaska nursing home negligence killed resident

An elderly resident at a  nursing home suffered severe burns and died after falling into a tub of scalding laundry water, according to a state Health Department report that faults the home’s staff for leaving a laundry door open and unattended.
A longtime Eden Prairie resident who had Alzheimer’s, died from what the medical examiner ruled were “thermal injuries,” according to police records released Wednesday.
State Health Department investigators concluded that the operators of Auburn Manor were negligent when the 90-year-old resident, known to wander throughout the facility, ended up on her back in a few inches of 155-degree waste water on Dec. 31.
State: Chaska nursing home negligence killed resident who fell into 155-degree laundry water -

No comments: